Thursday 23 February 2017

Doris Blasts Trimley - 23/2/2017

I Don't know why I did it, but having a free day, I decided to go down to Trimley during Storm Doris, to see if anything rare had been blown in by the strong winds. And strong they were - I was unable to stand on the river wall because it was too windy, and there wasn't any shelter in the hides - the rickety old buildings were creaking and groaning in the wind - I thought they were going to fall apart.
Alas there wasn't much about - most of the birds were hunkered down, trying to shelter from the winds. The BEAN GEESE flock was still present and had separated from the GREYLAGS and I was able to do a count - 15 in total, which is a good number. They were hanging around in the wet grassland near the reservoir, best seen from the look out point.
There were a few PINTAIL amongst the commoner ducks, some GODWITS as well. So nothing new to add. Next its on to March and an end to a winter of sorts and maybe on to a decent spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment