Saturday 8 April 2017

Holiday in North Norfolk 4/4-8/4 2017

 


I arrived on the Tuesday and stayed at Beeston Regis, on the coast between Cromer and Sheringham. This stretch of coast had steep sandy cliffs and there were a small SAND MARTIN colony with their little holes dug into the top of the cliff. Also present were several FULMARS on territory, their stiff, unbent wings distinctive amongst the gulls.
The aim of this holiday was to get some new birds for the year as we fully enter Spring, in one of the best bird watching places in the country. I was also hoping to catch maybe a lifer, some unexpected sightng out of left field. These goals were met to some extent, though I was too late for the PALLID HARRIER, as I  missed it by a couple of days, which would have been a nice sighting.
I visited the main reserves of CLEY, TITCHWELL and HOLME, and I visited a new reserve for me at PENSTHORPE. All this resulted in an interesting time, lots of birds seen, a sun tan (more like a wind tan), and a nice selection of meals and beers.


No comments:

Post a Comment